शनिवार, 3 जनवरी 2009

mrs.verma's prepares us.

Life after 50
Small things for SAHM (stay at home moms.)
In this column, you will read about the lifestyle of those women whose children are away from them for studies or job. and they are left alone .while some are enjoying ,some are depressed.dont know how to cope up with lonliness.So lets take a step to fill a new energy in them , give them a new enthusiasm.Remember life only ends when we stop breathing.Enjoy life till you breath.Waiting to know your lifestyle at 50.plz do send your views to smallthingsgp@gmail.com.
This week Mrs. Verma is sharing her experiences with us.
SHE SAYS:
While my children at school, my life revolved around them. I had to take care of their studies, their food, their playtime, naptime and also their demands. Whatever little time i had left from the daily duties were mostly spent entertaining guests so that I had no time for myself. In this hectic routine, a constant interruption was my neighbour, Mrs. Jain, whose children were settled abroad. She would drop in at any odd time with words like: “Kafi dino se aap dikhi nahi, socha mil aaon”; or “Aapko to milne ka mann nahi karta ya aapko to fursat nahi, hai socha mil aaon”.
I would welcome her with a faint smile but in reality, I would despair to see her. I would pray fervently that she would leave in 10-15 minutes but that rarely happened. She would linger on for hours at an end until and I admit with some regret, that whenever I saw her at my gate, I murmured things like “God, she is back again.”
One day I realized that there would be a time when my kids would leave to start their own lives and I would be just as alone as Mrs. Jain was, then. As unimaginable as it seemed then, I knew I would have a lot of free time for myself. Then I promised myself that I would not be like my poor old neighbour. Since then, I started planning for this phase of my life and I’m happy that now, when my kids are away, I’m too busy to yearn for them or visit any unwilling young mother!
I would like to share things that we may do to make our lives fulfilling and happy after 50.
Start taking care of your health. It is common knowledge that diseases like osteoporosis and arthritis are very common among older women. We spend our lives pampering our children, husband and other family members so it is our duty to pamper our body and take care of it.
This is the time for pursuing your hobbies and all those lists that you made of things you would do when you found that elusive time. From the common interests of music, books and movies to the most unimaginable (or imaginative, as you may see it) interest- go for it.
Age is no bar for learning anything. Dust your knowledge of a craft/skill you may already know, for there are bound to be advancements and changes in the same.
Keep in touch with your children and their friends you may know. It will be easy to adapt to the life style of the young and to understand their point of view.
Always learn new from your children. Don’t hesitate because they have lived in an environment entirely different from yours, when you were a child. They find it easier to break the redundant chains of certain, obstructive lifestyles that we, older people tend to follow.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं: