शनिवार, 3 जनवरी 2009

An article from my series-LIFE AFTER 50-published in garhwal post

LIFE AFTER 50
Surf the net and see the world.
Every week, in this column you read about the lifestyles of SAHMs (stay at home moms) who are above the age of 50. I hope that all of you who are in this stage of life are being motivated through these examples. As always, you are welcome to share your lifestyle with us and the other readers. Our e-mail address is smallthingsgp@gmail.com
I received a very interesting email from Mrs. Anju Sinha who talked about her love for gadgets. She says, “Anything you do should be exciting for you… for me, learning something new gives me that excitement.”
Talking about her life, she says, “After graduation I got married and raised my kids to the best of my abilities. But somewhere in my mind I always knew that my world has been centred on household work only. So when my kids were old enough to study on their own, I got some spare time for myself. I would watch my children working on computer and slowly developed an interest in it. So during this precious “my-time”, I started sitting in front of computer and experimenting a little from what I had seen my kids do. They were also very sweet and taught me so much about computers and the internet that I am always happily busy with this magic box.”
“Until the children were at home, there was always pressing household duties and very little time. Now, when the kids have left home and are busy with their lives, I have plenty of time to devote to computers. What I learnt from them about computers has given me so much to do that I don’t feel bored living alone. I’m in touch with all my relatives and friends through the internet. It saves me money too, which I would have otherwise been wasting on telephone bills!” Mrs. Sinha talked passionately about how much one can learn and all the interesting things one can do.
“There is so much to do on the computer and the internet. For example, I found out that I can transfer pictures and songs from the computer to the mobile phone and vice-versa so I then got a multimedia mobile phone for myself! I transfer things from my mobile to the computer. I enjoy scanning the old photographes and converting them into CD’s. I download my favourite music from the internet, and burn them on blank disks. Moreover, I have joined social networking sites and through them, I interact with all my relatives and learn about everything of my interest through relevant communities. Best of all, I’m always with my kids through emailing and chatting!”
Mrs. Sinha says that one does not have to be highly qualified to learn about computers and other gadgets. She also adds that if you have a thirst to know the world or want to keep up with time, there nothing is like computers to help you do that!
As she says, “So keep an eye on whole world through these windows!”

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं: